All proceeds from Ad Clicks goes to the author of this site.


Tuesday, February 07, 2012

N40L awesome deal, my new toy

 its quiet enough to live in my living room, but it is currently in my basement, when I installed Nexenta it was sitting on my dining room table about 2 ft from my ears, and it was barely noticeable. It has a single low rpm 120mm fan,unless you somehow get a bad fan in yours, it should be fine.

HP ProLiant N40L Ultra Micro Tower Server System AMD Turion II Neo N40L 1.5GHz 2C 2GB (1 x 2GB) 1 x 250GB LFF SATA 658553-001 

  • Cache Memory: 2GB
  • Memory Type: DDR3
  • MAX Memory Capacity: 8GB
  • Memory Features: 2 DIMM slots Unbuffered ECC
  • Model #: 658553-001
  • Item #: 
  • $249.99
    The system last night, from, along with the 8GB of ECC memory  an extra $60 but still less than best price of the server. When I ordred mine the deal was for $299 and included a free 2TB hard drive, not quite good now, but the server is still an excellent choice, Nexenta Community version booted right up on it, had to install via a usb cdrom or dvdrom. Other wise there is a sata port for the for Optical drives and a power plug but the process of fishing the cable through the tight case and since I was only going to use it for installation I grabbed USB dvd-rom and gave it a try and it worked, smooth as silk the entire process. I will be working on adding a a second 2TB drive to the one that came with the system, and post benchmark numbers soon. I will try and do a better job keeping my blog up to date.  


Blogger Unknown said...

I was toying with getting one over Christmas because they were on a cashback scheme in the UK. But I kinda decided not to because of mixed reports about the noise.

Can I ask, how noisy is yours? Would you put it in the living room? Or is it definitely a brute that has to live far away from human ears? :)

4:58 AM  
Blogger Jose Castillo said...

If you like that, look at this. Refurbished, but 8GB mem, 2x250GB SATA, and Xeon processor, with a slot for another.....$350.00

6:26 AM  
Blogger kristina said...

Great!!! This post has helped me to have another perspective. I am researching this topic for a paper I am writing.
external hard drive recovery

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home